Sunday, September 30, 2012

Review The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa


The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)TitleThe Lost Prince
Author: Julie Kagawa
Published: October 23rd, 2012 (Harlequin Teen)
Pages: 379
Source: for review
Series: 
The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1
Rating: 4.5 stars
Synopsis from Goodreads: Don't look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.That is Ethan Chase's unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he'd dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister's world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

Do you know that feeling when you're writing a review about a book you absolutely loved and you just don't know where to begin? So maybe I should begin with saying: I LOVED THIS BOOK!

Yeah, that's right, this is absolutely a book I would recommend to everyone! Only downside is that you kind of have to read The Iron Fey series (and especially Iron's Prophecy). Well, you'll understand more if you have. 

After reading about this world through Meghan's and Ash's perspective I had to get used to Ethan. But I loved him right away! He's tough and hard, but with good reason. He doesn't want anything to do with his sister's world. But when weird fey start showing up and Todd, a half faery, disappears Ethan knows he must contact his sister to stop this. 

I loved reading about the characters from The Iron Fey series: Meghan, Ash, Grimalkin, Puck (YAY!) and Keirran. Well, technically Keirran is a new character and he's so cute! But the cutest of them all was Razor. Seriously, I think living with Julie Kagawa is so much fun, because she thinks up the most amazing nicknames! I smiled every time Razor hissed "Bad kitty!" to Grimalkin! 

But besides the amazing nicknames, Julie is just an awesome author! Just when you think you have it all figured out she gives the story a turn you didn't see coming! Everyone who's read the story knows what I'm talking about. Kenzie's secret? Wow, I did not see that one coming at all! And it made the story even more perfect! 

My head is filled with all these fan-girling thoughts that just don't make any sense. If you loved The Iron Fey I can only say one thing: Go and read this book!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this one because I LOVE the Iron Fey series. I'm glad you liked Ethan right away, hopefully I will like reading about him as much as I liked reading about Meghan & Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puck is my favorite, too! But i don't know anything about Iron's Prophecy, I will have to get to it before I read this. Great review, and thanks for stopping by our blog :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!